Running a profitable fire and/or flood restoration business today is not as easy as many would like to believe. With the massive influx of restoration companies flooding the market, insurance carriers turning to managed repair programs, and the costs of doing business skyrocketing, it is getting tougher and tougher for reputable restoration companies to not only compete but survive.
If you are having difficulties growing your restoration business or need direction on how to keep your market share from slipping away, you need practical solutions and a strategy tailored specifically to the unique characteristics of the restoration industry. This can only be achieved by working with seasoned veterans who not only understand this industry but also work in it day-to-day.
As a second-generation restoration contractor with over 40 years in the restoration and construction industry, we know what works and what doesn’t.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Many of our clients want help with their business on an ongoing basis. They want to be able to talk with someone once a week or on an as-needed basis. For those clients, we offer our Coaching service. All coaching is done individually via phone calls with our President Sean Scott. Mr. Scott personally works with you each session to fine-tune your business, solve problems and help you put your company on the path to success.
Some of the topics we can help you with include:
- Restoration business development strategies
- Unique sales and marketing tactics to increase sales
- Prequalifying and vetting the type of work you want
- Maximizing profitability when estimating with Xactimate
- Estimate analysis and peer review
- Leveraging technology in the restoration industry
- Identifying profit centers and wallet eaters
- Fire and smoke restoration techniques (what works and what doesn’t)
- Water and mold damage techniques
- Insight when working around hazardous materials (asbestos, lead, VOC’s, ash, etc.)
- Understanding contracts and work authorizations
- Dispute resolution strategies
- Tips on running a successful restoration business
- And much, much, more……….
To get started on your road to success, we offer a couple different options and we can always tailor our services to your needs and budget.
Option #1 General One-Time Consultation:
A 2-hour minimum for general consulting and questions via telephone. Includes one-on-one phone consultation time, any research, e-mails, letters, etc.
Option #2 Consultation & Coaching:
8 hours of one-on-one consulting and coaching time for 1 month. Includes phone consultation time, any research, e-mails, letters, etc.
Whether coaching or consulting, we work for you to help solve the problems you feel are most pressing and important. We might bring up issues that need additional attention, but overall, we stay focused on the issues you want tackled.
Mr. Scott does all coaching and consulting and we don’t pawn you off to someone with a fancy title that knows nothing about the restoration industry. Mr. Scott has been there, done it, and is still actively engaged in it.
All consultations are kept in the strictest of confidence.
Why Use Champion Construction & Consulting, Inc. As Your Coach?
The whole concept of hiring a business consultant or coach is to be able to glean their knowledge and experience so you can avoid making costly mistakes and have someone on your side who will help you realize your vision. However, finding the right consultant or coach that has the right qualifications, suited for a restoration company can be very challenging.
When you are in the process of interviewing a coach, everyone sounds great, looks great, and offers all sorts of freebies to get you in the door. But just like there are doctors that specialize in practicing different types of medicine, the same concept applies to business. A coach or consultant that may be a perfect fit for a clothing company or retail store may be of little value to other types of businesses. The one size fits all concept just won’t work when it comes to building a strong restoration company if the coach doesn’t know the uniqueness of this industry.
Below are some questions to consider when deciding on a consultant or coach for your restoration business. These will help you zero in on the type of consultant or coach you will want on your team.
- How many years of actual experience does the coach or consultant have in the restoration or construction industry? (not just in marketing or PR, but in actual restoration)
- Can the coach or consultant back up any claims they may make about their background, their hands-on experience, their ability to solve your problems?
- Can the coach or consultant go with you to a project and walk you step-by-step through the restoration process?
- What do they know about fire, smoke, water, or mold restoration?
- Have they ever worked with the tools, dealt with insurance claims, or experienced what it takes to run a restoration business?
- How many restoration or construction companies have they been involved with in the past?
- Does the coach or consultant do the work themselves or do they pass you on to someone else in their firm?
- What books or papers have they written or published?
- Is the coach or consultant in demand as a speaker? How many conferences do they speak at each year?