NEW CLIENTS GET A FREE 30-MINUTE CONSULTATION!
Running a profitable restoration business today is not as easy as many would like to believe. With the massive influx of restoration companies flooding the market, insurance carriers turning to managed repair programs, and the costs of doing business skyrocketing, it is getting tougher and tougher for restoration companies to not only compete but survive.
If you are having difficulties growing your restoration business or need direction on how to keep your market share from slipping away, you need practical solutions and a strategy tailored specifically to the unique characteristics of the restoration industry. This can only be achieved by working with a seasoned veteran who not only understands this industry but also works in it day-to-day.
Here are some questions to consider when selecting a coach:
- How will the coach make your company more profitable?
- How many years of experience does the coach have in the restoration industry? Not just in sales and marketing, but in actual hands-on building restoration, working their way up the ranks.
- Can the coach walk you step-by-step through the restoration process for large complex losses?
- How long has the coach been estimating and using the Xactimate estimating software?
- Has the coach dealt with adjusters, insurance claim disputes, and experienced what it takes to run a restoration business.
- Is the coach currently engaged day-to-day in the restoration industry?
- Will the coach work with you personally or pass you on to a subordinate?
- What books or papers have they written or published?
Here are a few areas where Sean can help strengthen your restoration company:
- Business development — all phases of restoration, including sales and marketing strategies.
- Implementation of best practices to ensure higher profits and long-term success.
- Training on estimating skills to maximize profits with Xactimate. You have no idea how much money you are leaving on the table!
- Creating alternatives to managed repair program work.
- Improving workforce efficiency – getting the most from your team without being a taskmaster.
- Creating compensation and incentive packages to attract and keep talented team members.
- Mastering skills to communicate with adjusters, especially when you don’t agree on scope or price.
- Leveraging science and technology as assets.
- Using building codes, laws, and regulations to your advantage.
- Fire and smoke restoration techniques — what works and what doesn’t.
- Refining work authorizations, change orders, and other important documents.
- How to vet and hire the right estimators, salespeople, and staff.
- And much, much more!
ABOUT YOUR COACH SEAN SCOTT
Sean Scott is a second-generation restoration contractor who has over 42 years of hands-on experience in the construction and restoration industry. He has been involved in over 10,000 residential and commercial property damage claims with most of the major insurance carriers. He is currently active in all types of fire, smoke, and flood restoration projects, appraisals, and construction consulting work.
Sean is also the author of Secrets of The Insurance Game, The Red Guide to Recovery – Resource Handbook for Disaster Survivors, Co-Author of The Native American Disaster Preparedness Handbook, and has published numerous papers and articles on restoration topics. Many of his articles have been published in Restoration & Remediation Magazine, Claims Magazine, U.S. News & World Report, and other publications.
Sean has also been featured in the following programs and periodicals: