Mr. Scott is the President of Champion Construction & Consulting, Inc., licensed in the State of California as a B-1 General Contractor, C-5 Framing Contractor, C-6 Cabinet, Millwork & Finish Carpentry Contractor and C-8 Concrete Contractor. With over 42 years of hands-on experience in the construction and insurance restoration industry, Mr. Scott has been involved in thousands of residential and commercial construction and restoration projects. He specializes in the evaluation and repair of structural damages caused by fire, water, mold, and many other types of structural damage causations.
Mr. Scott provides expert witness services for both defense and plaintiffs in addition to litigation support and consulting services in areas of insurance claim disputes, construction defect claims, and estimate conflicts – particularly those that involve Xactimate™.
Download Curriculum Vitae for Sean Scott (PDF) – as of 8/17/2022
Areas of expertise include:
Mr. Scott is the author of The Red Guide to Recovery – Resource Handbook for Disaster Survivors, an award winning book designed to help disaster survivors navigate the many challenges that present themselves in the aftermath of natural or man-made disaster events. The book has been adopted by fire departments, emergency management agencies, and relief organizations across the U.S. and Canada.
Mr. Scott is also a sought after speaker and has been privileged to speak to:
- The International Association of Fire Chief’s
- The International Association of Emergency Managers
- The National American Indian Housing Council
- The State of Idaho Emergency Management Association
- The Emergency Management Association of Texas
- The Los Angeles County Operational Areas
- The Los Angeles County Community Emergency Response Teams
- The San Diego County Chapter of the Association of Contingency Planners
- The Southern California Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters
- The American Red Cross
- And many others…
Buy the Book The Red Guide to Recovery – Resource Handbook for Disaster Survivors
Secrets of the Insurance Game by Sean M. Scott
- Are you really in good hands?
- Do you have sufficient insurance?
- Will your adjuster be on your side?
- Are you ready to handle the insurance claim process?
Most people buy insurance to protect their homes from catastrophes such as fire, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc. However, most homeowners’ insurance claims are the result of everyday events, such as a pipe that bursts under a sink, a toilet overflows, or that Chicken Kiev turns into Chicken Chernobyl. Most people assume everything will be taken care of if they ever have a claim, but what they don’t realize, is that there are a lot of pitfalls and landmines along the road to recovery and many become victimized who don’t know how to navigate around them.